Seeking Local Dallas/Ft. Worth/Texas Applicants!
A Business Data Analyst is responsible for querying data, interpreting the results, and turning data into easy to understand, actionable information.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Be an integral part of a team tasked with designing, creating, implementing and maintaining a full data analysis ecosystem, with support for ad-hoc tools such as Tableau, standardized reports, and automatic scheduling of reports.
Understand all business data, including eligibility, sales, payment, claims, and call center data in our LSP, HCP, Oz, and Avaya phone switch systems.
Identify, design, create, code, test and maintain queries, ETL jobs, reports, and visualizations required by any or all operating entities to support business analysis objectives.
Be an integral part of a team tasked with designing, creating, implementing and maintaining a reporting data warehouse (or similar) that aggregates data from various systems.
Mine information from data, prepare reports and visualizations, and present findings to management.
Hold design and fact finding sessions with business personnel to develop requirements for reports, visualizations, and general needs for information.
Follow naming conventions, source code management procedures and other data governance guidelines.
Write effective and efficient SQL statements, views and stored procedures or other data retrieval methods efficiently without creating negative effects on the systems.
Ensure the highest quality accuracy in queries, reports, and visualizations.
Document all queries, ETL jobs, reports, and visualizations, such as how to create a report, execute a report and how to schedule a report.
Work with management, business personnel, IT personnel, team members and outside consultants.
Provide input on how to improve data, business processes, and systems.
Be very customer service oriented.
Demonstrate a positive attitude.
Perform other miscellaneous duties.
-must exhibit a positive manner toward the job and communicate well with customers, other staff and supervisors.
-must accept consequences of his/her actions and responsibility for corrective actions needed.
must take ownership of assigned tasks and departmental directives. Complete each function required with little supervision.
Complexity/Diversity of Work
Interaction With Others
- Work consists of highly diverse activities applied to a broad range of activities requiring substantial depth of analysis and involves continuing changes in program, technological development, unknown phenomena or conflicting requirements and requires extensive mental effort and creativity.
- Flexible, with choices available from established alternatives.
- Work receives general direction toward accomplishment of major program or project objectives. Employees must draw on available resources to accomplish end result. Supervisor reviews work for progress toward achievement of objectives
You must be self-sufficient and able to work on-site in a team environment with management, business personnel, developers, business analysts, consultants, agents and customers. You must adhere to our company vision, mission, and principles. .
Education, Training and Certification or Licenses Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, from an accredited college in related discipline. A master’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
- 5 years or more of professional experience.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with others, create documentation, provide high quality customer service and have a “can-do” attitude.
Knowledge, Skills/General Abilities Required:
- Experience in the health insurance industry.
- Knowledge of Progress Corticon rules engine.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare claims and eligibility data.
- Have worked with Microsoft Access.
- Background working with call center data.
Minimum skills and certifications are as follows:
- Mastery of reporting writing tools and techniques.
- Mastery of the SQL language.
- 5+ years work experience in a data analysis or report writing capacity.
- Solid understanding of software development and reporting.
- Solid understanding of report creation, scheduling and distribution techniques.
- Ability to intricately understand data relationships and how to efficiently query that data.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed.
- Demonstrated high customer service skills.
- A proven history of completing data projects, on-time and within budget.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present your findings.
- Have a passion for turning data into actionable information and insights.
- Have superior SQL and data querying skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated ability to take complex data and turn it into simple, easy to understand reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective visualizations of data.
- Understand how to process data and model data efficiently to support generating business reports.
- Mastered one or more data visualization tools.
- Comfortable working in Excel.
- Comfortable learning new tools and techniques.
- Comfortable in reporting on business KPI’s and metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for management.
- Enjoy working with others.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.