As a Medical Billing Representative, you perform end-to-end revenue cycle management activities for outpatient medical groups that outsource their medical billing functions to AMS.
What we are looking for:
Experienced and versatile medical billing specialist who thrive on challenge and getting claims paid. Pays close attention to details, be phone-savvy and have great interpersonal and customer service skills so that you can resolve patient billing calls and issues.
- Full cycle billing functions for outpatient medical groups nationwide.
- Collecting, posting, and managing account payments.
- Preparing and submitting clearinghouse claims to payers via paper and electronic submission.
- Reviewing claims denials and correspondence from commercial carriers to aggressively to resolve claims denials, while communicating issues to customer.
- Performing claim corrections and follow up activities to ensure timely reimbursement for the customer.
- Monitoring and follow up of "red flag" claim edits to minimize claim rejections.
- Using extraordinary customer services skills to take patient phone calls regarding billing issues.
- Performing daily EDI checks, posting payments and balancing deposit sheets.
- Communicating via email and phone with customers and insurance companies.
- Aggressively following up on denied and rejected claims
- Medical Collections - Handling collection of past due amounts by following up with insurance companies on aging claims by calling Medicare, Medicaid and other major third-party insurance companies to resolve non-payment issues.
- Patient billing and A/R account management.
- High school diploma (minimum).
- A medical billing/coding program graduate or 2 years Medical billing experience (preferred).
- Strong understanding and commitment to protection of HIPAA and PHI (personal health information).
- Self-motivated to work independently to learn new technologies.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills required.
- Flexibility and reliability. AMS customers rely on us to ensure steady cash flow and can make adjustments as priorities change.
- Superior customer service skills, and attention to details, self-confident, professional, patient demeanor with every internal and customer interaction.
- A positive, open, and friendly attitude to colleagues and customers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Billing: 1 year
- Medical billing: 2 years