**This position will be located in Chicago, IL - Glassdoor will pay for relocation**
Glassdoor's mission is to help job seekers find a job and company they love. We are also empowering employers by helping them efficiently hire high-quality candidates. Glassdoor is a pioneer in increasing transparency throughout the recruiting process, changing the way that job seekers look for jobs and employers recruit. Already the #2 jobsite in the US, Glassdoor is putting significant investment into building and scaling internationally.
As the Director of Sales Development, you have oversight and responsibility for developing and delivering Glassdoor's sales development strategy. You will define and align sales development objectives, goals, and tactics to support go-to-market objectives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Your leadership over the Sales Development Representatives (SDR) will ensure that SDR initiatives and objectives are aligned with the company's overall sales strategy; as well as ensure that operationally, the SDR organization is running at its most effective.
As Director, Sales Development, you will:
- Develop and shape inbound and outbound prospecting strategies with Sales and Marketing leadership; proactively identify and develop initiatives to generate new business growth
- Ensure alignment internally among SDR team managers, and with cross-functional sales leaders on sales development inbound and outbound prospecting strategies and focus areas
- Partner with Recruiting team to develop talent pipeline and university recruitment strategy; oversee hiring and onboarding of new SDRs
- Design and develop a rewarding and compelling SDR employment experience; from college recruiting, training and development, and SDR 'graduation' into future roles in Sales, Customer Success, etc.
- Coach and develop SDR managers to lead high-performing teams who can expertly take inbound and outbound generated interest and turn it into viable business opportunities; motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives
- Develop SDR skill and product training in partnership with Sales Enablement; develop tools and strategies that enable SDRs to have impactful conversations and interactions with prospects
- Design and develop team and individual key performance metrics to evaluate and measure SDR effectiveness; develop dashboards to enable SDRs to optimize productivity and performance
- Partner with Sales Ops to build robust reporting/forecasting for SDR team performance
- Monitor latest sales productivity, prospecting and predictive trends within the industry; make recommendations for tool and process improvements; share relevant information with SDR team
- 3+ years leading and managing a high-performing sales or business development team >35 people
- 5+ years sales experience; inside or outside quota-carrying sales role, with consistent performance at or above quota and within top 20% of peer group
- Prior experience coaching/developing line managers and getting results through others
- Passion for identifying and integrating ongoing best practices for inbound & outbound
- Demonstrated success in identifying and growing talent
- Passion for developing and nurturing talent into a high-performing team
- Continual-improvement mindset; oriented toward optimization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; comfortable speaking to C-suite executives and large groups
- Proficiency with selling tools: Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach, etc.
- Optimism, sense of humor, and proven ability to engage and energize others
- Direct selling experience in B2B/SaaS environment
- Prior experience leading an organization >45
- Advanced Excel skills; data analysis experience a plus
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Located in up-and-coming Fulton Market neighborhood
- Discounted memberships for local gyms and Divvy
- Free snacks, drinks, and coffee always available
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Fun office events and celebrations
- Convenient to public transportation, with pre-tax commuter benefits available
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.