For more than 25 years The Patrón Spirits Company (PSC) has created the world’s #1 ultra-premium tequila, using timeless techniques to ensure every drop is the very best. Our product is more than something to drink; it’s a memento of a simply perfect moment. From weddings to work promotions, each handcrafted bottle is an original reminder of something or someone worth celebrating. Patrón provides the perfect opportunity to capture, craft and share these experiences worldwide.
We’re looking for the very best innovative talent to join our team as the Market Manager.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationship with key customers in your dedicated territory. You will be driving the performance and growth of Patrón’s brands within your territory through negotiating the commercial terms and building long lasting relationships with customers. Your strong communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal skills will be key to your success in this role. The position requires the ability to evaluate, implement and execute such programs within brand strategies.
This role is varied, and a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with the local customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively within your territory to stay connected to all customers.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. You will be responsible to deliver key sales and Commercial targets for your dedicated territory as determined by the Company’s financial plan.
2. You are an important day-to-day face of Patrón towards the customers in your dedicated territory and will act as the key contact for customers in that territory, driving new business and maintaining sustainable relationships.
3. You will execute customer and shopper programs within Brand Strategies.
4. You will be accountable for optimizing the return on Investment across your territory.
Key Accounts & Responsibilities:
1. Ride with distributor sales representatives three times a week, providing the opportunity to represent the Patrón portfolio, train distributor sales people, observe market activity and evaluate distributor execution against our initiatives.
2. Meet with key on- and off-premise accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships. Present Patrón brands, work toward achieving increased volumes and assist distributor in attaining our objectives.
3. Be visible at the distributor office and meet with sales representatives and management to ensure pursuit of consistent objectives and strategies.
4. Align with key local events and participate where the opportunity fits our strategy, including the execution of national initiatives in the local market.
5. Serve as the primary contact for distributor sales teams to ensure they are informed of local and national objectives and programs, while providing support for all sales-related activities.
6. Actively participate in promotions and events, which often occur in the evenings or on weekends.
7. Attend brand promotions and tastings once a week. Execute product seminars at accounts and with the distributor sales teams.
8. Report quarterly progress on new account listings and menu programming.
9. Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends.
10. Maintain calendar of activities and promotions and ensure effective communications with and/or between distributors and third-party agencies.
11. Provide bi-weekly market activity report to supervisor to include list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects and/or any needs.
12. Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors.
13. Review programs and execution updates with distributor management.
14. Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
15. Complete special projects, such as verifying pricing and/or distribution at on or off premise accounts.
16. Participate in out-of-market sales blitzes.
17. Ensure that key markets have been visited during each two-month period.
18. Meet with distributor sales teams on a monthly basis, including general sales meetings and meetings with individual teams.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Measures of success
Performance: Achieve Depletion & Net Sales Value based targets vs. budget; Achieve market KPI targets.
Value share: Drive value share growth of key Patrón brands.
Work under minimal supervision, exercising a high degree of discretion and independent judgment. Work requires advanced knowledge, defined as work which is predominantly intellectual in character.
Critical experiences for success
1. Position requires a degree in Business Administration/Marketing or other relevant line of study
2. 2 to 5 plus years of experience within the hospitality industry or wholesale beverage alcohol industry.
3. Position also requires knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service within the industry.
1. Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner with strong interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone and email or other written correspondence.
3. Computer proficiency required in MS Office Products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to use advanced computer functions, including navigating the Internet.
4. Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
5. Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
6. Possession of exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls (5-6+ hours per day); reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds and infrequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee is required to possess visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading, visual inspection and general observations.
The working environment is basically an indoor climate-controlled environment. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.