Our mission at Suplari is to shine the light on intelligence so that companies can invest in growth, innovation and their people. Suplari provides an AI-driven insights platform that enables enterprises to achieve what’s not humanly possible. Customers realize hard dollar cost savings and effectively manage supplier risk that is today hidden within millions of data points in the enterprise. Suplari connects and unifies disparate supplier data sources and systems and then continuously analyzes millions of supplier and sourcing transactions to generate real-time AI-driven insights on reducing spend, mitigating risk and increasing compliance. Suplari’s products are on the cutting edge of AI in procurement and cloud computing.
Suplari has assembled one of the top technology teams in Seattle and was founded by experienced management from HP, Amazon, Apptio, Skytap, iConclude, Trulia, and Zillow. Suplari is backed by top tier venture capital investors Madrona Venture Group, Shasta Ventures, Amplify Partners, Two Sigma Ventures and Workday Ventures.
Suplari is seeking a talented Data Analyst to join us at our downtown Seattle HQ or Guadalajara, Mexico locations.
Do you like focusing on challenging problems and finding creative solutions? Would you like to help create something that makes a difference? Do you like to be part of a fast-growing company and be able to put your mark on something early?
As an engineer on the Suplari team, you will design, build, and operate cloud native, data pipelines and data lakes. You will implement feature extraction, transformations, data cleansing and normalization procedures and integrate with data science and machine learning algorithms to drive valuable insights into our customer datasets. You will also work directly with the Customer Success team and customers to hear their requirements for new insights that will help them with key business initiatives.
You will use modern data platforms and technologies including Python, Elastic Search, PostgresQL, Spark, Tensorflow and many others. We are looking for passionate engineers that want to be part of a company that’s going to change the way enterprise businesses interact with their suppliers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will work with customers to gather data requirements and implement data transformation, normalization and categorization processes.
- You will work with data scientists, product management, and customer success teams to understand data requirements.
- You will work with other cloud service engineers as well as web application developers to build the Suplari platform and application suite.
What to bring:
- Experience in scripting languages, such as Python
- Proficient written and spoken English language skills
- Experience with data curation and analysis leveraging Python modules including: Pyspark/pandas/dask/odo/statsmodels/scikit-learn.
- Experience with creating & maintaining training datasets for ML algorithms.
- Passion for tackling big data challenges.
- Experience working with large, semi-structured datasets like legal documents, application logs, and product invoices.
- Rigor in automated testing, continuous integration, DevOps and other engineering best practices.
- Experience in text processing toolkits, such as NLTK or Stanford-NLP.
- Experience in data querying languages, such as SQL or ElasticSearch.
- Flexibility working with customers or colleagues in other timezones
- BS or MS in computer science
- 2 or more years of experience as a data engineer, database administrator or similar role required.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You love being part of a small, dynamic, and agile organization that encourages you to learn and grow
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- Competitive compensation package
- Ownership through equity and options
- Company-paid health and dental benefits
- Early-stage company experience
Job Type: Full-time