CHAT is is a non-profit organization that provides arts education and special events that feature arts and culture. We rely on sponsors, fundraisers, donations, special events, and our members to support our year-round activities.
We are seeking a Graphic Design intern for a 6-month term. Fully remote so anyone in the United States will be considered. Indeed may show a pay rate but this is an internship with a $600 end-of-term stipend for internet access.
The successful candidate will be someone looking to enter the graphic design, communications or nonprofit field. This position provides a wealth of experience in real-world communications, coordination and nonprofit work. This position could lead to a part-time salaried position at CHAT. Ability and willingness to work in a very diverse and hectic environment. Candidate should be willing to learn and work independently and remotely.
Expect to work with passionate people who love the arts and want to make an impact in the youth of the Twin Cities. Perfect for upper-level students or recent graduates looking to enhance their portfolio. Zoom competency is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, ( Other duties may be assigned).
- WEBSITE management: Work with staff, entertainers & artisans to solicit material for the website. Responsible for the overall management of the website (WIX platform), which includes creation of new content and overall look and feel of website.
- Facebook/social media: Grow our Facebook fan base and engagement to help spread visibility and awareness. Creating and incorporating a content calendar in conjunction with events calendar to help promote events, artists, entertainers and community involvement, which involves working closely with all department heads. Provide reports to demonstrate effectiveness of engagement and growth.
- Graphic Design: Work on various design projects. Average one small project per week.
- Management of zoom and virtual conferences.
Expect one to two small projects per week with an expected 1-day turnaround and multiple simple posts and shares on Facebook.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Graphic Design-Proficient in Creative Suite programs of photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Web-Proficient working in WIX platform, creative design skills. (Desirable)
Independent self-starter –Ability to work with limited supervision.
15-20 Hours a week – 4/20/2021 - 9/20/2021
Job Type: Internship
- Graphic Design work and competency
- Creative Suite competency
- Social media experience
Related keywords: graphic design, graphic designer, graphic design internship, graphic design intern, art, illustrator
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $600.00 per year
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week: