A Senior Design Engineer, Infrastructure Protection job in Frederica, DE, is now accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct benefited position with our key pharmaceutical client. To be considered for this job, you will have a BS/BA in Engineering or related field, and 8+ years of related experience. In this role you will develop assembly or component designs for use in company products. Develop these designs with consideration of quality, cost, function, system integration and productivity. The Senior Design Engineer shall develop concepts, prototype components or assemblies, test the products, document the designs, and support production during manufacture.
Sr Design Engineer, Infrastructure Protection Job Duties:
- Applies expertise in drawing practices, including: hardware and softgoods drawing generation, drawing checking processes, and preparation for prototype or final manufacture
- Designs with an emphasis on manufacturability; often soliciting input from the Manufacturing team for best practices, new methods, etc
- Develops standardized designs and/or processes, to reduce design and manufacturing waste.
- Applies pattern development methods, including: marking, grading, CAD development processes, preparation for automated or manual cutting, and general pattern methods for ease of manufacture during the design of products
- Develops concepts for new products or processes, and document with sketches or CAD layouts
- Brainstorms with team members to develop new or improved product or process development
- Fully understands and develops requirements during the design process
- Applies knowledge and understanding of films, fabrics, adhesive systems, heat sealing, bonding, and sewing technologies during the design process
- Applies the following methods, related to softgoods, during design of products or development of processes: inflation and leakage testing, burst and proof pressure optimization, and materials physical properties testing
- Develops and utilizes spreadsheet and word processing skills to optimize internal and external documentation of designs
- Develops and utilizes technical writing skills, specifically in the areas of final reports, test reports, failure analyses, and proposal generation, and applies these skills in ILC project completion
- Develops and utilizes presentation and public speaking skills. All design engineers will be expected to routinely present design data in front of internal or external customers
- Develops and utilizes team skills, including listening effectively, sharing information amongst team members, and coordinating activities based on project schedule requirements
- Develops and utilizes project organizational skills, including methods of working multiple projects, organizing and upkeep of project files, utilization of E-mail and calendar systems, meeting scheduling, keeping meeting minutes, and planning methods for schedule completion
- Utilizes internal process documentation, acronyms, and general procedures, including the ability to create or generate engineering change documents, disposition of quality discrepancy reports, requisitioning for procurement, and drawing release documentation
- Must be able to access shared database with government programs (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident of the U.S.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, or related field of study, plus, a minimum of eight (8) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Demonstrated, strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate well with peers and cross-functional teams and external customers
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time
1. Mechanical Engineering Degree
2. Proficient in AutoCAD or equivalent 2D software
3. Proficient in Solidworks or equivalent 3D software
4. Design for Manufacturability
Nice to Haves:1. Specialized skill:
b. Welded Structures
c. Structural Engineering
d. Experience with mechanisms
2. Project Engineering Experience - Customer interaction with system level jobs
3. Experience with welded structures
4. Softgoods/fabrics previous patterning experience 2D to a 3D finished product.
If you are interested in this Senior Design Engineer, Infrastructure Protection job in Frederica, DE, please apply via the “apply now” link provided.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.