Edgemere is raising expectations about retirement community living. That is why we are looking for employees who have the best qualifications, the most positive attitude and a true sense of service to others. We know that every Edgemere employee is an ambassador from our company to our residents, their families and their community. Above all, our people take inspiration from working with leaders and colleagues who strive to be the best every day.
Please apply at https://www.edgemeredallas.com/careers
Cares for residents in the health Center under direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Answers call lights to determine residents' needs.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses residents.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring help.
- Transports residents or assists residents to walk.
- Drapes residents for examinations and treatments, and remains with residents to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Helps maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of resident rooms.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and supports resident culture of Successful Aging.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience :
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Nurse’s Aid certification in the state of Texas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization's goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Works primarily indoors in a climate controlled setting.
- Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
- Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand and walk.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds independently and up to 190 pounds with assistance of a second employee and/or mechanical devices.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally be required to lift greater than 190 pounds with the assistance of additional staff and/or a mechanical lift.
- Must be able to push up to 350 lb. (wheelchair).
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
Standard Company benefits encompassing health, dental, life and disability insurance will be made available to Full Time associates effective 60 days after the 1st day of the month after start date. Paid Time off (PTO) will include 22 paid days per year, earned throughout the course of the year. New employees are eligible for vacation after 90 days of service, and time off is subject to approval.
Accessibility: If you need help accessing this page, please contact the Human Resources Department.We are an equal opportunity employer and give employment and promotional consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class as defined by local, state, or federal law. If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English –Spanish –Arabic -Chinese
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Required)