Workforce Development and Job Skills Training Services are delivered with the belief that through employment, individuals can achieve meaning and identity, and establish their place as a contributing member of their community. The Workforce Development Team serves both job seekers and employers through a variety of services and resources, all focused on developing the employability skills needed in the 21st Century. Individuals experiencing employment challenges are matched with a supportive case manager and participate in work readiness/soft skills training as well as real time paid transitional work and job placement services. Employers receive trained and pre-qualified candidates who are matched to their required skill sets and company culture.
The Mentor Coordinator (MC) is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: recruiting, training and supervision of mentors, providing support to mentors, and facilitating the mentor/mentee match. Additionally, the Mentor Coordinator is responsible for providing direction and coordination of mentoring services and is responsible to ensure that the development, implementation, outreach, training, and service delivery coordination meet the expectations of funders and align with Hope Network’s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Coordinates and implements the mentoring services model, including outreach, recruitment and training, mentor support, matching of mentors and mentees, and data collection.
2. Provides outreach to local congregations and other organizations to recruit a diverse group of mentors.
3. Meet with mentees to discuss the mentoring program.
4. Facilitates mentor/mentee matching to ensure positive matches, experiences and outcomes of both parties. This includes obtaining the mentor/mentee agreement completed & signed.
5. Monitors the progress of the mentoring relationships and assists mentors with mentee specific problem-solving and/or resource referrals as needed.
6. Participate in weekly Mentoring Groups at KCCF as needed
7. Ensures service records, program/funder records/reports, metrics and other critical documentation is completed accurately and in accordance to regulatory and agency requirements.
8. Reviews the service model and training materials to assure on-going alignment with best practices and lessons learned.
9. Work with program staff to communicate and address concerns, successes and issues regarding the mentoring program and mentoring relationships.
10. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Must have a BA/BS in human service or related field from an accredited institution or equivalent employment experience.
2. Ability to motivate others toward achieving goals
3. Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Strong public speaking skills.
5. Demonstrated creativity, flexibility and comfort working with diverse populations/organizations.
6. Ability to foster productive collaborative efforts.
7. Ability to interact with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, faith/belief systems, and cultures.
8. Strong problem solving skills.
9. Ability to assess character and personality traits for matching mentors/mentees.
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Must have a minimum of two years’ experience working with diverse populations.
2. Prefer a minimum of three years’ experience as a mentor/volunteer coordinator.
3. Must have a successful and proven track record networking with individuals and other organizations in the community.
4. Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively both within a team and independently.
5. Must be able to meet the driving standards of the organization, possess a valid driver’s license.
6. Must be able to pass the Screening process.