- ASME Codes & Standards
- Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management
Will provide technical leadership and directly participate in projects involving the feasibility, proposal, development, qualification, and production phases of components for aerospace fluid handling and utility applications, including electromechanical actuators (EMAs), valves, pumps, and switches.
Define and manage the scope of work, timelines, budgets and progress of multiple assigned projects;
Coordinate project goals and tasks with engineering, finance, testing, quality, program management, and production support functions;
Design/drawing formulation and design calculations;
Solve technical problems in the lab or in the field;
Review customer information, create technical documents, estimate manufacturing
Skills and Experience
Requirements & Skill
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in design/project engineering or management of electro-mechanical or fluid handling products with proven leadership of cross-functional team.
- Experience in designing electromechanical actuator, valves, pumps or switches
- Project engineering experience including design and assistance with manufacturing of aerospace components.
- Aerospace experience is a major plus
- Training or experience in project management and methods, including risk management.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing and mechanical manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Training or experience in Value-Engineering, Creo 3.0 CAD, lean manufacturing concepts, and a strong ability in mechanical analysis including stress, thermal, fatigue, gear trains, seals, and fluids.
- Experience with FEA software, specifically NASTRAN, and MATLAB including Simulink
- Familiarity with RTCA/DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 environmental testing standards
- Is strongly committed to the mission. Has ability to develop and communicate customer needs.
- Is both a systematic and innovative thinker, uses creativity in decision making to react to changing conditions. Has cultural understanding.