GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with other members of Implementations/Conversions management team to establish division business strategies that align with corporate goals and objectives; effectively communicates strategies translating them into actionable items.
- Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
- Performs resource planning and allocation; supports direct reports in meeting conversion timelines and requirements.
- Manages a staff of multi-functional and technical professionals:
- Performance management: establishes clear performance goals that align with team, division, and corporate goals; communicates strengths/development needs; mentors and coaches team members; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development; recognizes, rewards, and communicates individual accomplishments and contributions.
- Staffing: approves hiring recommendations; holds direct reports accountable for staff continuity; maintains varying and complimentary levels of skills, knowledge, and abilities across multiple teams.
- Employee relations: fosters and promotes cooperation and information sharing among team members; proactively addresses performance issues through appropriate Human Resources tools.
- Uses knowledge of FIS's conversion management principles and methodologies to identify, develop, and implement new processes, improve existing processes, and/or eliminate ineffective processes; holds teams accountable for compliance.
- Uses financial and qualitative information and tools to effectively establish and manage budget and revenue goals.
- Understands technical and functional concepts of FIS products including the interrelationships between products and technologies that support products.
- Interacts directly with clients at a senior/executive management level, managing problem escalation and providing sales support.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and technology standards.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business, management information systems or computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Requires strong management skills
- Requires strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
- Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Skill in productivity, planning and workload management
- Ability to design, document and implement process improvements
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Director level managerial role - directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through several department managers. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Participates with other senior managers in establishing strategic plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative/operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the business and/or industry. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Erroneous decisions may result in critical schedule delays - jeopardizing overall business activities. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. Typically requires ten plus years of experience in a leadership role.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.