Performs a variety of specialized clerical duties relating to the scheduling and admitting of patients for clinic visits. Operates Clinic PBX telephone to relay incoming, and interoffice calls. Performs various related duties, i.e. greets patients, billing functions, and data input.
Employees in this classification receive general supervision, working alone on routine or regular work assignments, checking with supervisor regarding non-routine assignments or when in doubt as to correct procedure to be followed.
II. Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school graduate or equivalent, with course work in typing and general business.
1. Two years of clerical work experience, preferably in an insurance or medical field.
C. Licensure / Certifications / Registrations
1. MA Certification preferred in order to triage incoming patience and provide an understanding of medical need when scheduling.
D. Essential Skills
1. Ability to operate, with accuracy, modern office equipment, including computer terminal, phones, etc.
2. Ability to interpret, understand, and apply applicable laws, regulations, and rules specific to situations.
3. Communicate effectively with patients, doctors, and hospital staff members, exercising high degree of tact.
4. Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, and oral form.
5. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
6. Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
7. Ability to maintain files and records.
8. Knowledge of office organization, and basics of insurance billing.
Position Type : Part Time
Amy Schumacher - HR Coordinator
John C. Fremont Healthcare District
5189 Hospital Road
Mariposa, CA 93635
Phone: (209) 966-3631 Ext. 5152
clinic front desk admitting clerk Fremont Physicians