Fast-paced Manhattan based Real estate firm is seeking an experienced accounts receivable clerk with 3+ years of real estate specific accounting experience. We are looking for someone who takes direction well but who has the confidence to be willing and able to work on their own. To excel in this role, you will need the knowledge to truly understand the properties and what you’re doing in terms of property accounting so that you can speak fluently about your work. We are looking for a strong teammate who can jump in and get to work immediately and looking to grow.
· Must be reliable, trustworthy and able to multi-task
· 3+ years of real estate bookkeeping experience
· Must have a working knowledge of real estate accounting with an emphasis on Accounts Receivable
· Must be able to work with multiple corporate entities with accuracy
· Must be a team player
· Must have a working knowledge of leases
· Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
· Must be capable of working with minimal supervision
· Must have a strong ability to multi-task
· Experience with Yardi is REQUIRED
· MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook experience is REQUIRED
RESPONSIBILITIES – includes the following, (but not limited to):
· Maintaining up-to-date billing systems and carrying out billing duties;
· Generating and sending out invoices;
· Allocating, following up, and collecting payments;
· Reporting all daily work-related activities;
· Following very specific and strict deadlines;
· Performing account reconciliations and monitoring the customers’ account details;
· Being on the look-out for delayed or missed payments and other such irregularities;
· Researching and resolving payment discrepancies;
· Reviewing account statuses and generating age analyses;
· Ensuring compliance with the company’s procedures;
· Investigating and solving customer complaints and queries;
· Processing account and company adjustments;
· Keeping business up to date with all policy changes;
· Developing or following an already established recovery system;
· Communicating with customers through means such as phone, email, or face to face;
· Assisting with closing at the end of every month and preparing monthly metrics and statistics;
· Using various pieces of software to keep track of data;
· Supervising and keeping track of trust accounts, payment reversals, and write-offs
- You possess a strong sense of accountability for the quality of your own work and the work of the team.
- You are capable of staying organized and have the flexibility and can deal well with changing priorities.
- You are able to adjust to changes in procedures.
- You are detail-oriented and can see tasks through to the very end.
- You are nice, kind, and supportive of others by nature. The ability to build and maintain supportive relationships with others is one of your key strengths.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $30,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10003: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location