Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks an experienced Production Worker to join our thriving team on third shift (10:45-7am). The Production Worker is responsible for operating and maintaining equipment in addition to preparing items for distribution.
Grow with Caraustar
If you ask our associates what they like most about Caraustar, you’ll hear a consistent answer: the people. That’s no surprise. At Caraustar, our people drive our success. And with more than 4,000 associates in locations across the U.S., we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. That’s where you come in! We invite you to explore available opportunities at Caraustar. Follow the Star!
Established in 1938, Caraustar is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We focus on providing our customers exceptional service and value through environmentally sound, innovative products and services. We take pride in being an industry leader through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
Our Common Purpose
There's a reason so many choose to grow their career at Caraustar. No matter who you are or what your role, the work you do affects the global environment – from customer service experts working one-on-one to enhance the customer experience to manufacturing professionals who turn refuse into renewable resources. At Caraustar, we are more than a workplace; we are a community with a common purpose.
Our Star Business System
Innovation runs through the veins of our organization – from green design and materials to capital investment and technology. Our Star Business System provides a disciplined framework for our work by maximizing each employee’s potential while teaching world-class business and management skills.
- At least six months experience in a manufacturing setting
- Prior experience with production related equipment required
- Ability to safely setup and operate equipment to meet production requirements
- Knowledge and compliance to safety, quality, maintenance and housekeeping requirements
- Ability to read and interpret work orders to understand saw setup and packaging requirements
- Prepare and make adjustments as necessary for each work order using hand tools
- Assist PAB operator with set ups, such as help pulling paper through glue section to first forming section.
- Ability to calculate conversion of fractions to decimals, ability to read a tape measure, and calipers
- Perform periodic quality checks to ensure compliance to specifications and/or COAs using the CSAR quality system
- Compliance to all OPEX recordkeeping requirements
- Possess knowledge and understanding of lean tools such as 5-Why’s, Fishbone, 5’s, SMED, Operator care, Reliability and RCPS
- Dependability: Little/no unscheduled absences, ability to work overtime as required
- Self-motivated, attention to detail while still being able to work together with peers as a team
- Adhere to specific quality standards to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to follow company policies and guidelines
- Performs other tasks, as required
- Lifting up to 35 pounds
- Frequent walking, pulling, stooping and bending