Reports to: Project Manager and/or Operations Manager
Oversees and coordinates the work of subcontractors while ensuring safety and schedule execution on commercial projects throughout San Francisco Bay Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review plans, job estimates, and scopes of work.
- Prepare construction schedule and provide to client, architect, and subcontractors.
- Apply for building permit(s).
- Review building rules and procedures.
- Review building conditions involving:
- Loading dock
- Freight and/or service elevator(s)
- Restroom facilities
- Building Life Safety, sprinkler, and HVAC systems
- Schedule subcontractors.
- Review subcontractor safety policies and programs.
- Supervise subcontracts and verify that work is being performed to plans and specifications, with the highest-quality workmanship.
- Document and conflicting field, plan, and/or specification conditions, and review with project manager and/or architect as required.
- Plan accordingly and coordinate work and subcontractors to maintain schedule at all times.
- Coordinate and schedule all inspections.
- Coordinate and schedule necessary occupancy permit as required.
- Provide all necessary closeout documents:
- As-built drawings
- Final punchlist signoff
- Permit cards and drawings with “final” signoff from all jurisdictions
- Final reports
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Abilities
- A successful track record as Superintendent in the commercial tenant improvement field.
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Familiarity with Cal-OSHA requirements and strong commitment to safety protocol.
- Some computer skills, including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
Job Type: Full-time
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA