Position Description:Position Summary:
Delivery Supervisor assists the Delivery Manager in the day to day activities in the delivery department.
People or Process Management Responsibility:
Required Skills and Experience:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience working in a warehouse, transportation, purchasing, customer service, sales or similar supply chain department
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- This position must pass a post offer background and drug test
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- College degree (Logistics or Supply Chain Management)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Supervise daily delivery operations, planning and scheduling manpower.
- Assigns drivers and vehicles to convey freight.
- Coordinates drivers according to customer requests in compliance with DOT regulations and company rules.
- Communicate with customers to determine driver needs and schedules and notifies drivers of assignments, enters assignment data in computer database.
- Ensure quality standards and productivity goals are achieved for receipt and shipment ofproduct with safety being a priority.
- Develop transportation staff.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.