Indeed Hire has partnered with EdgeTech to hire a Senior Design Electrical Engineer in their Wareham, MA office. Relocation assistance available as the ability to work out of the home (Boston).
***Relocation assistance of up to $10K is available for candidates***
***Relocation will be based on your qualifications and your costs to move to the area to join Edge Tech***
Are you a system-level hardware engineer with experience with low noise analog design and the integration of electronics and OEM components into full-up sonar systems? If so we would like to talk to you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- This is a product development position requiring the full range of design-to-production tasks, including product enhancement, field support, as well as installation and operation of sonar equipment.
- Responsibilities include board and system level design, electronic simulation, component selection, system integration and support to manufacturing /customer support on various product lifecycle activities.
- Work with board layout design engineers and mechanical engineers to create PCBs and integrated electronic packages. Will also need to work with transducer engineers to integrate electromechanical designs with electronic components.
- Lead board and system bring-up activities and work with other engineers to ensure product functionality.
- Participate in at-sea testing of sonar systems
- Develop system and board level tests and test procedures to ensure that the product meets electrical and engineering specifications. Use these procedures to transfer products to Operations.
- Interface with others in the engineering organization on ECO's, new product transfers, bill of material structure and entry
Qualifications and Skills Job Qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE); MSEE preferred.
- 6+ years of hands-on design experience in analog design with excellent knowledge of low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout
- Must have experience integrating, testing, and verifying complex systems
- Must have working experience with various tools including analog simulation and schematic capture, as well as test/measurement equipment.
- This is a lead role and requires someone who is well motivated and a team-player. Must be able to share knowledge, learn from others, and support other groups within the organization
- Some limited travel is required.
- Previous experience in the Marine sonar field is a plus
EdgeTech offers excellent benefits which include 401(k) with a company match, medical/dental insurance, company paid life insurances, and educational assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
- analog simulation and schematic capture: 1 year
- low-noise techniques for circuit design and board layout: 5 years
- Marine Sonar: 1 year
- integrating, testing, and verifying complex systems: 1 year
- analog design: 6 years
Required work authorization: