8 Reasons why the average tenure is 10+ years for our Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) team:
- Pursue your dreams – How many employers truly ask you where you see yourself in 5 years and then help you pursue your dreams?
- Flexibility & Autonomy – Initially you’ll spend more time in our office training however our team has a great deal of flexibility to tailor the right combination of remote, office and on-site time to get the job done and accommodate personal scheduling needs.
- More Growth/Never Boring – You won’t be stuck working on a single platform or industry and instead will work on challenging projects in a variety of environments implementing cutting-edge solutions.
- “CIO to go” model - We have a unique model of “CIO to go” that makes this role much more dynamic, strategic and energizing than most you’ll find. You will gain an in-depth understanding of business functions so that you can become a truly well-rounded, professional consultant.
- We Guard Quality of Life – Occasionally you’ll schedule yourself to help a client after hours and we reciprocate by returning the favor when you need the same courtesy with flex and comp. time.
- Team – Catered lunches for celebrations throughout the year and an awesome team of Project Managers and Network Engineers to work with that make the day a blast with a “no man left behind” attitude!
- Stable Long-Term Clients/Fewer Emergencies – We retain clients much like we do team members with many of our client tenures exceeding 15 years. This creates a more stable environment for everyone and the way we manage workflow leads to very few “panicked” calls/emails and late hours.
- Benefits Package – Profit-Sharing, Flex-Time, Great PTO/Vacation/Paid Holiday package, 100% paid Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability and Technology package including Smartphone and Laptop.
Requirements you need to be qualified to join our NE Team as a Systems Administrator?
- Expertise in Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7, 8.x, 10 required
- Expertise in networking technologies including wireless access, firewalls and switches.
- 2+ years’ IT experience
- Familiarity with peripherals, tablets, phones, printing over a network.
- Must provide reliable transportation and be able to travel throughout Middle Tennessee
Preferences we can help you gain if you don’t already possess…
- Microsoft Network Certification, 2012, 2008 or 2003 or equivalent work experience
- Experience supporting messaging solutions (on premise or cloud)
- Experience troubleshooting workstations, laptops issues.
- Workstations and Server Maintenance
- Managed Services (remote services/automated and remote maintenance) experience
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity solutions
Daily components for our b: ok Systems Administrator
Each day is different but usually involves these components:
- Planning/Strategy/Proactive Engineering on behalf of our customer base. This includes liaisons with other third-party vendors (such as cabling, internet service providers, phone vendors, etc.).
- Providing Help Desk Support and customer support for immediate needs.
- Network and System Patching & Maintenance (as needed and recommended).
- Learning about emerging technology, applying that knowledge in a consultative manner for both the internal team and our client base.
Here’s a Sample Schedule:
- 8:00 – 10:00 AM: Setup wireless access points for on-site customer, testing, and documentation for team support. [on-site with customer]
- 10:30-12:00 PM: Reviews upcoming need for Office 365 implementation. Creates task list and estimates time needed to complete task, works with Senior Engineer if necessary to put together project plan for customer. [from bok offices]
- 1:00-2:00 PM: Set up a new user with a customer and onboard (includes mobile phone setup). [from bok offices]
- 2:15-3:15 PM: Assist with cabling vendor on-site discussing where/types of cabling needed for communication needs. [at client’s site]
- 3:45-4:30 PM: Creates user directions on how to access Outlook Web Access provided by AppRiver (or other vendor) during an email down situation. [from bok offices]
- 4:30-5:00 PM: Help Desk ticket to create new user account for a customer [from bok offices]
Job Type: Full-time
- System Administration: 2 years (Preferred)