(PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME BRIEFLY DESCRIBING HOW YOUR EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION ALIGNS WITH THE CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please type or copy and paste into the Send Message field when you apply.)
The Summit Counseling Center is a non-profit organization that provides professional counseling, consultation and education services utilizing an integrated approach to care for the whole person - Body, Mind, Spirit and Community. They serve multiple locations throughout North Fulton, with their primary offices being in Johns Creek, Milton and Dunwoody.
- Position Title: Office Manager
- Status: Full-Time
- General Position Summary: Provide oversight of Front Office operations across all Summit locations.
- Supervises: Front Office Staff
- Supervised By: Director of Operations
This job has recurring work situations involving high degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of available resources is high. Errors in judgment could cause disruptions to the Center’s and the Church’s mission and adversely impact attainment of the Center’s and the Church’s goals. Incumbent operates independently but results are monitored by the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. Content of work priorities are largely self-determined. General expectations of the role include:
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of The Summit Counseling Center in accordance with ethical standards.
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate Summit operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Office Operations – Coordinate closely with leadership to ensure smooth operations between/among programs and departments; ongoing assessment and oversight of processes related to client lifecycle; track front office deliverables and milestones; create, update and maintain all client facing paperwork/forms; develop and implement office policies and procedures; Manage user access to EHR.
- Front Office Management – Assist in the recruiting and interviewing potential administrative staff members; create and provide new employee orientation and training; evaluate the work of the administrative staff; recruit and supervise interns (as needed); manage the use of hardware and software to implement the objectives of the office; coordinate, supervise and schedule front office staff; coordinate administrative support for the clinical staff; manage client intake, fee collection and discharge procedures; coordinate personnel record-keeping; supervise intake process and placement of new clients with appropriate therapist; supervise email communication to/from front office staff.
- Customer Service Management – Ensure the provision of high quality customer service, both internal and external, through ongoing training, coaching, observation, incentives and encouragement to front office staff (Scheduling Institute); troubleshoot client complaints to resolution; ensure accurate and appropriate documentation in the EHR; coordinate with clinicians and referral sources for the engagement of new clients; Monitor, maintain, manage, and communicate facilities as needed; Accurately communicates Summit programs, services and events to external parties.
- Fiscal Accountability – coordinate with Accounting Manager to resolve billing concerns; ensure appropriate billing processes are followed and understood by front office; Manage purchases.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Any other duties as assigned.
Contacts are across the entire Church, geographical, and professional community and in a leadership capacity. Community contact is a critical component of success in developing good will and interest in the mission of the Center.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 3 or more years of experience in a leadership position and customer serviceKnowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Electronic Health Record
- Office Equipment
- Scheduling Institute
- Ability to interface professionally with multi-level department heads
- Maintains professionalism at all times, both internal and external
- Discernment in sharing of potentially confidential information
- Ability to interpret and prepare clear and concise reports
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Flexibility with schedule, tasks and/or duties
- Management of client intake, assessment and referral systems
- Represents the mission of The Summit in all actions
- Ability to create a hospitable and smooth function environment for staff, clients, and visitors
- Ability to manage multiple employees across multiple locations
JOB CONDITIONS: (SEE EXAMPLES BELOW)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the associate is:
- Sitting for long periods of time in front of a computer, or on the phone
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office Management: 3 years (Required)
- Johns Creek, GA (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Have you attached a cover letter? (Note: Your application will not be considered without one.)
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift