Patient Support Specialist Virtual(Job Number: 25537-154493)
Work Location: United States-Tennessee-Brentwood-Nashville Physician Service Ce
Job Type: Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why, after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
The Patient Support Specialist
handles telephone account inquiries from patients, reviews account information, takes appropriate actions to resolve patient inquiries, works with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances, and enters actions into the appropriate system.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Takes all incoming patient calls or makes outbound collection calls based upon job role.
- Reviews patient account information in billing system, performs research as necessary, and takes appropriate action to resolve patient inquiry.
- Documents patient inquiry and actions taken into the appropriate system.
- Work with patients and guarantors to secure payment on outstanding account balances.
- Communicates with practice staff to obtain requested information. Records receipt of information into appropriate system.
- Creates a positive patient experience through listening, understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating in a friendly manner, and handling patients with a consummately professional attitude.
- Escalates patient complaints to the appropriate individual or department based on the nature of the complaint.
- Educates the patient on Shared Services for Physicians policies regarding charity requests, payment arrangements, and other applicable collection policies.
- Directs the patient to the appropriate forms to be used for the charity approval process.
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care information.
- Maintain minimum production standards.
- Work within company attendance guidelines.
- Understands and adheres to the Shared Services for Physicians patient balance collection philosophies.
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required, and two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of medical billing and collections processes, preferably in a physician based environment.
- Must be skilled in working with multiple software programs and have the ability to multi-task.
- Call Center and Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.