Maintain and manage environmental health and safety for manufacturing plant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise and coordinate all safety and environmental functions according to corporate policy to ensure compliance with the Department of Natural Resources and all related local regulations.
- Execute excellent safety and environmental practices on a daily basis.
- Mitigate effluent discharge that may adversely impact the environment.
- Ensure that facility operations and procedures are in accordance with the Spill Act and other applicable laws.
- Ensure a safe work environment and that all practices are in compliance with company and government’s regulations.
- Audit and inspect equipment to make sure their operation is within manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Produce and submit necessary government reports.
- Initiate and implement safety and environmental training programs for all personnel..
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BS Degree in Environmental Engineering or relevant fields
- MS Degree preferred
- 2+ years experience as an environmental health and safety engineer in the food and beverage industry, preferably in a manufacturing and warehouse facility
- Thorough understanding of the ISO 14001 program
- Knowledge of routine medical assistance
- Knowledge of municipal, state and federal environmental laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work week while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator and similar machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Environmental Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)