Full Job Description
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, SOME REMOTE WORK
Why Work for Logo Sportswear?
Logo Sportswear is a leading, innovative supplier of mass customized apparel for businesses and team sports, located in Wallingford, CT and online at LogoSportswear.com and TeamSportswear.com. Logo Sportswear is a division of Digital Room LLC with locations in CA, CT, NJ, TX, OH, & Philippines with over 1,400 employees. The Digital Room family of brands goes to market through many websites including Uprinting.com, PrinterRunner.com, NextDayFlyers.com, 48HourPrint.com. Throughout all of the Digital Room family of brands, we work around the globe to earn the trust of thousands of businesses, teams, and professionals every day. We’ve been at it for more than twenty years and are proud to say that the majority of our business is with repeat customers.
As we continue to grow and expand our CT location, we're looking for people to grow along with us! Logo Sportswear offers a high energy, fast-paced environment with excellent growth opportunities. We also offer a competitive set of benefits, including:
· Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage available
· Paid Time Off (Accrual of two weeks PTO for first year of service)
· 100% employer sponsored short-term/long-term disability and life insurance
· Incentive Bonus Programs
· Matching 401k plan
· On the job training
· Employee discounts
· Management training programs
· A climate controlled and casual work environment
· Casual dress code and the ability to listen to music while you work!
· Frequent employee events and other employee appreciation programs
We're looking for skilled, experienced and hardworking applicants who share our core values and care about things like setting high goals, teamwork, integrity, accountability, quality, and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has the proven ability to deliver stable, scalable code on schedule professionally and with a positive attitude towards customers and co-workers in all departments and on all levels. The applicant should be experienced in all phases of the development life cycle and have experience delivering products to a wide range of customers.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, SOME WFH OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a Web Application Developer, the candidate will be responsible for managing and consolidating existing web applications and databases, as well as creating new software, systems, pages, and modules.
· Proactively resolve issues in specification that will lead to a quality, high-performance, architecturally sound product.
· Write code, test and debug application and data retrieval logic, including enhancing and developing functionality for the existing portal framework.
· Perform thorough unit testing on all relevant platforms as appropriate.
· Collaborate directly with all departments to understand the needs and development requirements.
· Coordinate releases amongst all stakeholders.
· Regularly inform manager on progress of project, identifying risks early in the process.
· Collaborate with other developers to troubleshoot, debug and general quality assurance.
· Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources.
· Proven programming and database experience in PHP, MYSQL, and object-oriented design
· Have experience using data to improve user experience
· Strong verbal & written communication skills with ability to clearly articulate opinions and ideas
· Must be detail orientated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize based on the department’s needs
· Self-motivated, Independent problem-solving skills
· Ability to take in, understand, and apply new concepts and ideas quickly
· Must be able to speak, read and write English
· Proficient computer skills – Experience with MS Office – Outlook and Word
· Degree in Computer Science
· Experience in ecommerce, manufacturing environment or custom apparel
· Lamp software stack development
· AJAX and RESTful programming
· Experience with image manipulation software (Photoshop, GIMP, CorelDRAW)
Market competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to remain stationary for long periods of time.
· Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
· This position requires repetitive use of hands/fingers to operate keyboard and mouse in front of a computer monitor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- PHP: 1 year (Required)
- CSS: 1 year (Required)
- MySQL: 1 year (Required)
- HTML: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule