Network Distributors is looking for an individual to support a new white box strategic growth initiative that will expand our current product portfolio and continue to growth our base business of optical transceivers and other complementary optical products. This person needs to have experience in Layer 1 to Layer 3 Networking technologies and services, specifically network switches/routers, understanding of operating systems/software supporting them and a broad understanding of optical theory, transport technologies and optical transceivers.
Network Distributors is the industry leader in providing the highest quality OEM compatible optical transceivers, cables and memory to value added resellers. We focus on helping our customers deliver superior value by providing competitive pricing, certified compatibility, overnight delivery and marketing support.
As a small, but growing business in the dynamic networking and enterprise equipment marketplace, you will have the opportunity to work on many different projects and each day is slightly different. This role offers an opportunity to develop your technical and business skills, provides immediate impact and will help shape the future direction of the company.
Job Description: Networking Application Engineer
The Networking Application Engineer role is a combination of technical marketing, engineering, sales support, business development, program/project management and communications. Reports to VP of Product and Sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead technical/engineering and subject matter expert (SME) and liaison to sales/marketing teams for white box products and the associated complementary optical components.
- As product specialist, provide technical sales, applications, technical marketing, and technical product marketing support.
- Delivers pre-sales and post-sales support to internal team and customers.
- Develop demonstration systems; Specify, assemble and test equipment bundles of networking hardware, software and optics.
- The key technical interface with customers and plays a key role in product introductions and new product generation process.
- Lead and contribute to phases of product development life cycle: technical requirements, supplier evaluation and choice, product evaluation, test and qualification, and NPI.
- Principal in the company’s technology roadmap.
- Work with key suppliers/partners understanding their products, applications, configurations, support structures and develop relationships across their organization with engineering, marketing/sales and product teams.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Marketing team for datasheets, flyers, brochures and other marketing collateral.
- Assists in large proposals and quotations.
- Assist in the development and deliver technical sales and application courses.
- Interfaces with operations team on test methodologies, setups plans, and reports in support of sales objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical engineering, Computer Science or other technology related degree.
- 5+ years of industry experience in design, implementation and applications of service provider or enterprise networks and the integration of network equipment (switches/routers) and the associated software.
- Proficient knowledge in network design, architecture, protocols and topology
- Experience with Operating Systems– Linux, Cisco IOS, Windows, VMWARE and Protocols and Concepts– HTTP, DHCP, BGP, RIP, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, ICMP, IPV4/V6, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, ARP, Ethernet, MULTICAST, SONET, JSON, XML, Client Server architecture, Software Defined Networking
- Strong understanding of optical theory, transport technologies and the operation of optical transport systems and transceivers. Knowledge of electrical, optical, application characteristics and performance and the related IEEE and MSA specifications.
- Experience in optical link design (link budgets, OSNR calculation)
- Knowledge of MEF and CE2.0 Ethernet products and standards are a plus
- Certifications: CCNA Routing and Switching or equivalent are a plus
- Strong detail-oriented project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with minimal supervision and takes initiative and ownership.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).The successful candidate should be highly motivated and demonstrate ability to multi-task and work effectively in a team environment to contribute to the success of the organization.
We offer a competitive salary, vacation and sick time and medical benefits. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to join a growing company that is in a highly dynamic market and to help contribute to its future success.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Optical Transceivers and Optical Transport Systems: 3 years (Required)
- Network Engineering: 5 years (Required)