Full Time Optician
Sullivan Ostoich Eye Center is a fun, privately owned optometry & ophthalmology practice seeking an experienced, friendly, and enthusiastic full time optician to add to our team! Our doctors are friendly, caring and extremely easy to work with. The practice was established in 2001 and has a great reputation as well as clientele.
Responsibilities of the optician include:
- check in and out of patients (Medical and Vision insurance)
- assisting patients with glasses selection
- ordering, receiving & dispensing glasses and contacts
- billing vision insurance (VSP, EyeMed, Versant- Can train)
- scanning documents, then shredding
- filing contact lens charts
- up keep of front of house
Candidate is responsible for interpreting prescriptions from the doctor, recommending frames, lens education based on functionality and appearance, and contact lens training. Candidate should be able to calculate insurance copays based on eligibility via insurance authorizations. Also must be able to adjust glasses appropriately, troubleshoot as needed, and check up on jobs from the lab frequently. We work on Compulink Ophthalmology Advantage and sell Essilor, Hoya and Zeiss lenses.
Typical hours are 10-6 or 11-7 during the week and Saturday 8am-1pm with a rotating day off during the week
Company offers competitive pay as well as PTO, great health insurance, and 401k options.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you available to work weekdays until 7pm? and Saturday's 8am-1pm?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Sales Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Optical Experience: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location