- EMR Systems
- Home Care
- Patient Assessment
- BLS Certification
LPN with a minimum of 2 years experience. Home Health experience preferred.
The Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a licensed professional who administers personal care and routine skilled nursing care in the home to clients under the direction of a Registered Nurse. These services are performed in collaboration with the other members of the home health multidisciplinary team, in accordance with the physician's orders. Duties also include assisting with office functions such as answering phones, faxing and filing as needed as well as auditing charts and intake functions. The LPN reports to the Nurse Manager.
Patient Assessment. Nursing Care. Teaching and education of patient and Caregivers. Care Management. Collects adequate and correct blood/urine specimens from patients as ordered by physicians, using proper technique and equipment. Correctly labels specimens and processes. Ensures appropriate delivery of specimens to the lab via courier or specimen pick up from outside agencies. Patient Care - Hygiene. Documentation. Participation in Case Conferences. Office Functions related to Intake, answering telephones, faxing and filing. Office Functions related Telehealth and Audits Time Management. Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and skills:Essential:
- LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
- BLS - Basic Life Saving certification
- Clear Communication Skills Both Written And Verbal
- Able To Keep Confidential Information Regarding Patients, Team Members
- Able To Withstand Crisis Situations
- Has Skills To Provides Customer Service To Patients, Team Members And Visitors
- Proof Of Current/Valid Car Insurance
- Knowledge And Experience With Electronic Health Records
- Valid DL With No More Than 3 Moving Violations