The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you're looking to develop your technical skills and contribute to a dynamic, fast-moving, high performance team while adapting to ever-changing customer requirements, then this position might be just for you.
The job duties of this Systems Engineer role include:
- Systems engineering role within the Military Support Programs, Mission Engineering & Operations teams
- Executes responsibility for Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS) / Attitude Determination Subsystem (ADS) / Guidance, Navigation & Controls (GN&C) Bus Subsystems as the subject matter expert for operations to include product development and maintenance and 24/7 anomaly support
- Applies systems engineering and systems integration practices to develop nominal and anomaly operational concepts
- Defines requirements
- Produces a detailed design and validates the design against a proposed architecture
- Develops software and tools; conducts software testing for existing and future systems
- Proficiency in MATLAB and Command & Control
- Partners with customers, developers, and operations
- Defines required changes to system requirements, assesses impact of changes, and develops viable systems solutions
- Engages in infrequent travel
- Off shift work support required as needed
- Previous experience with a customer base on a program for Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS) / Attitude Determination Subsystem (ADS) / Guidance, Navigation & Controls (GN&C) Bus Subsystems, software development, and anomaly resolution
- Ability to handle multiple system issues in a fast-paced environment
- Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint
- Design, operations and maintenance of Satellites and associated Ground command and control systems, including Echelon divisions
- Ability to cultivate and develop effective customer relationships and work with senior technical management
- Work with minimal direction; self motivated; able to lead groups/projects spanning multiple functional groups, companies and/or contracts
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Guidance, Navigation & Controls (GN&C) Bus Subsystems experience [e.g., Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Attitude Determination Subsystem (ADS) or related] on Military Support Programs (MSP) or Spacecraft Program
- Strong systems engineering, aerospace engineering, or similar background working with a technical team
- Software and systems engineering/integration utilizing Unix and/or Windows operating environments
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.