The Senior Auditor position is primarily responsible for performing assigned individual audits or portions of audits to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities. Incumbent applies advanced knowledge of financial institution operations to work performed. Works under general supervision and in compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plans the objectives and scope of the audits to be performed; prepares the audit program.
- Conducts audits; obtains, analyzes and appraises evidential data. Prepares work papers that record, summarize and support audit findings.
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of control and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
- Conducts preliminary discussions with personnel to verify facts and to obtain explanations for apparent deficiencies. Evaluates or assists in evaluating the adequacy of the corrective actions proposed by management.
- Prepares and presents the final report to management, detailing audit findings and recommendations for corrective actions and improvements.
This position reports to the Chief Audit Executive.
Education & Experience
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 3 years in auditing or accounting experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and auditing concepts, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of banking or financial institution rules, regulations and operations.
- Advanced PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced written, oral, interpersonal and negotiating skills with ability to prepare and present technical presentations.
- Professional designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.