- Test Automation
People Tree is hiring a full time QA Engineering Manager on behalf of a media company with an impressive reach. They are looking for someone to drive the quality strategy around mobile, web, and TV applications. A strong understanding of QA while dealing with a high-traffic, high-availability applications is key to this role. Our client wants to deliver new features and value to customers as quickly as possible while maintaining a high quality experience.
- Lead the design, creation, and execution of test automation across software applications/platform as well as for on-site and remote team members in review of product requirements, use cases, user stories, and functional requirements to inform test plans in compliance with QA best practices and standards.
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance statistics of product quality and champion best practices and modern tools/techniques.
- Establish operational processes for ensuring high-quality software applications across desktop/mobile browsers, mobile apps, connected devices, and cloud-based platforms.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to review, scope, estimate, coordinate, and execute on best in class QA initiatives.
- Identify engineering process bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
- Supervisory Responsibility: training, and mentorship to team as well as scheduling.
Software and tools:
- BA/BS required, preferably in a Computer Science or Business discipline.
- 6+ years in a lead or management QA role on consumer facing software applications and cloud-based platforms.
- Experience in Agile delivery environment.
Knowledge, and experience:
- LoadRunner and/or JMeter.
- CI/CD and SDLC.
- Well versed in writing automation scripts using software configuration management tools.
- Experience architecting, building, and maintaining test automation frameworks for unit, API, and UI testing.
- Working knowledge with standards and tools for automated build, delivery, and release of software.
- Proficiency in vendor management.
- Able to prioritize tasks and projects to align with our road map and business goals.
- Thorough understanding of operational support processes and ability to direct team in dissecting and diagnosing complex problems.
- Proven record of building high performing teams in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work at all points in the QA pipeline, including being a hands-on contributor.