Laboratory Assistants prepare solutions and food products containing novel flavors for taste testing. The ideal candidate will be able to provide availability Monday-Friday. There will be no hours weekend hours available for this role.
- Prepare solutions for taste and odorant testing
- Prepare food products containing novel flavors for taste testing
- Maintain a clean and functional Laboratory
- Keep organized and detailed records
- Take inventory and place orders
- Assist in the designing of experiments and implementation of protocols
- Deliver samples daily to testing facility in downtown New Brunswick
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong fundamental understanding of basic scientific methods. Lab experience preferred.
- Pursuing or has already earned a degree in Food Science or other related fields.
- Ability to follow technical protocols after training.
- Ability to conduct troubleshooting when problems arise.
- Ability to work independently and in a group with little supervision or training
- Attention to detail.
- Must be available to work at least 12-24 hours per week Monday-Friday.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Chromocell is an equal opportunity employer.