The innovative Learnatory STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) Summer Camp 2020 is looking for fun-loving, creative, multi-talented instructors to teach our classes online. Our instructors have that “Wow!” factor that excites, motivates, and challenges campers to surpass their own expectations.
Through hands-on lessons that address real-world challenges, we take pride in making learning a thrilling experience creating a deep thirst for knowledge where students apply their knowledge and skills in ways that could have a real-world impact.
We're looking for instructors to teach the following classes:
Python Coding Camp - Immediate Need
This is a substitute teaching position for a class already begun by a teacher out due to illness. It continues Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7, 2020, from 11:45 am - 1:45 pm.
Build & Code Your Own Tablet - Immediate Need
This is a substitute teaching position for a class already begun by a teacher out due to illness.This class uses a Raspberry Pi-based kit with instructions. Because of the small window, the instructor will not receive a kit in time for the class and will simply instruct the building of the tablet by using the User's Manual and observing and directing the students. Electronics background helpful. After the tablet is built, the students will be taught to write simple Python codes on their tablets. It continues Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7, 2020, from 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm.
Obviously, flexibility and an easy-going personality are critical requirements for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Instruct students on how to build and code their own tablets using the provided kit.
- Instruct students on Python and teach them to write simple codes.
- Maintain a safe and organized classroom with clear behavior expectations and learning goals and objectives
- Engage students in structured discussions & activities for students to understand how integrated technologies work
- Inspire students to have fun while learning and integrating skills
- Apply a strength-based youth development practice with respect for diversity, skill-level and empowerment
- Believe and practice that students are capable of surpassing their current expectations
- Know how to deliver that “Wow!” factor making classes fun!
- Create fresh, innovative, interactive lessons meeting specific learning objectives.
- Must be responsible, reliable and punctual
- Must fulfill the full term of the contract (1 week)
- Must have strong academic skills in Math and English
- Experience or demonstrated interest in the field of education and youth development
- Well organized, able to work both independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- BS, BA, MS, or MA plus teaching credentials highly preferred
- Teaching experience highly preferred or experienced working professionals or experience volunteering with youth in a classroom, after school, or community-based environments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
Positions begin Monday, August 3rd thru Friday, August 7, 2020
Additional Opportunities: August 10 - August 21, 2020
Computer Engineering 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Web Design & App Development 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Fortnite & Unreal Engine 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Salary: Hourly rate between $15 - $20 per hour based upon qualifications.
At the time of offer and acceptance, the job requires safety and security clearances.
This opportunity could lead to offers to teach in our school-year programs.
Resumes WITH cover letters and salary requirements will be given HIGHER consideration.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
The Learnatory is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Tutoring: 2 years (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: