- High School Diploma or GED
- Driver's License
- Mechanic Experience
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Heavy Equipment/Yellow Iron Diesel Mechanic to join our Drake Aggregates operation. The Diesel Mechanic maintains company equipment in four Aggregate plant sites through troubleshooting, analyzing malfunctions, making repairs and utilizing preventative maintenance schedules. Responsible for a variety of equipment including trucks, loaders, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools. Plans and executes preventative maintenance schedules to maximize reliability, minimize failures and protect machinery. This is a full-time position with a company-provided truck.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance and maintain accurate records
- Lubricate and cleans parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Operate and inspect machines or equipment to diagnose defects
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Replace defective parts and assemblies.
- Test repaired equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance and maintains accurate records
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Weld broken parts and structural members; fabricate parts as needed
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed and properly documented.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 5 years’ related experience
- Diesel repair and other technical certifications are preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience repairing and overhauling industrial equipment including hydraulic systems, diesel engines, gas engines, pneumatic systems, and pumps related to loaders, forklifts, graders, and water trucks
- Ability to torch and weld
- Ability to work varied hours as needed
- Ability to read electrical schematics, logic diagrams, and use electrical testing equipment
- Computer skills preferred
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Valid AZ driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- CDL or ability to obtain a CDL
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical
- Ability to travel to our four aggregates locations in Mesa/Glendale/Queen Creek and Sun City. May require occasional travel to quarry operations in north-central AZ
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
At Drake we understand our team members are the key to our success. We support our employees through a competitive compensation package and flexible benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of families. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, voluntary accident, hospital and critical illness/cancer coverages available the first of the month following 30 days of employment. You also would be eligible for up to a 4% company 401(k)match after 1-year.
To apply, please submit a resume by replying to this posting.
Drake Companies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the Drake Companies, please visit our website at www.drakeus.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Equipment/Yellow Iron Mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)