This flexible part-time position involves responsible administrative and general library work. In this dual role, the successful candidate will provide a variety of support services to the Thomas Balch Library staff and general public. Work includes performing diverse administrative support duties requiring business skills, knowledge of library operations, familiarity with Leesburg and Loudoun County and relevant computer applications.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains paper and electronic office files, composes and types correspondence, compiles packets, maintains office supply inventory and other materials; maintains book inventory and supplies for special programs and general sales.
- Provides general assistance with programming and event administration; schedules and administers meeting room use, assists with Board and Commission meetings.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes mail and packages.
- Assists with library publicity such as assisting with website updates and posting events to social media.
- Provides exceptional customer service; receives and redirects telephone calls; responds to inquires; takes messages.
General Library Support
- Answers questions and provides customer service for routine reference questions in person and telephone, refers complex reference questions to appropriate staff.
- Retrieves information from computer and print resources to help library patrons.
- Assists staff and customers with reproduction of library materials including scanning and copying.
- Uses and assists customers with specialized equipment.
- As needed assists with Interlibrary Loan services, accessioning, and cataloguing.
- Shelf reads and accurately shelves books and special collection materials as necessary.
Work schedule: Three (3) days weekly, Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Additional hours available on an as needed basis to assist with special events and weekend hours.
For a more detailed job description visit the Town's Job Description page.\
Apply at leesburgva.gov/jobs
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.51 - $33.42 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person