Cameron Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a controller to work in their Cameron MO office.
We work hard, but also value a healthy balance between work and life. We offer a choice of quality medical plans and a great dental plan, with company participation in paying your premiums. In addition, Cameron Mutual’s benefits include a competitive paid time off program and generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 25 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation within IRS guidelines. Cameron Mutual offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives (think health fair and gym fees reimbursement) to life insurance (both company paid and supplemental) to educational assistance (think tuition assistance and no-cost-to-you industry education courses).
Essential functions for this role include:
Performs full-charge accounting functions and supervises numerous functions such as month-end close, many reconciliations, some of which are confidential and complex in nature. The Controller is also responsible for development of finance staff and development and evaluation of recommendations for improvements to systems and departmental operations.
Essential functions include:
- Manages month-end and annual financial statement preparation and processes, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in the process.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual regulatory financial filings.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Provides and coordinates accounting staff with training, develops detailed cross-training structure with process and procedure documents updated periodically to achieve goals and objectives of the department.
- Develops or has a high level of knowledge regarding the functionality of the general ledger system, accounts payable system, electronic filing systems (Statement PRO, NAIC, AM Best internet filing, NAIC OPTins) and creates a learning environment for these systems to the rest of the department. Utilize computer and related software effectively.
- Interacts with state insurance regulators regarding various financial filings, audits and other issues. Coordinates with outside auditors regarding annual and periodic audits.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Statutory Accounting Principles applicable to insurance companies.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel functions and ability to create efficiencies using Excel and working knowledge of Word, email and other pertinent systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in accounting from a four-year college or university
- Industry related certification
- Industry Education and Experience (preferred)
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 15 years accounting-related experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- accounting: 10 years (Required)
- A valid CPA, AIAF (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift