POSITION TITLE: Retoucher Photo Assistant
REPORTS TO: E-commerce Catalog Manger
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will work closely with catalog manager to retouch product photography and assist with studio duties. This position will partner with marketing department for projects and graphic design work.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Retouching product photography on a daily basis for E-commerce and Marketing
- Assist with basic studio duties needed for in-house photography studio
- Partner with in-house photographer for daily work flow and project priorities
- Maintain and follow server image asset organization and proper file naming protocol
- Ensure consistency between files Basic product photography as needed for e-commerce or Marketing
- Assist with tracking documents in Microsoft Excel
- Support Marketing Department with graphic design requests (online retail website ads and social media promotions, web banners, etc.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit/stand in stationary position, walk (occasionally move around inside office area), talk/hear (needs to regularly communicate with other employees/customers/clients), see (detect, determine, recognize, perceive, estimate, identify), regular use of hands and fingers to handle, key or feel (operate office equipment not limited to but including working on computer) and lift (occasionally lift/move up to 50lbs).
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree in Graphic Design and/or Photography preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a professional photo studio or high volume ecommerce production studio preferred
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly
- Proficiency in Photoshop (Layers, paths, masks, actions, filters)
- Strong interest in digital photography and eager to learn the business
- Familiarity with studio lighting equipment and Nikon Cameras
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign
- Functional level with Excel, Capture One and Light room
- Understanding of color theory, color matching and color correction in RGB color space
- Experience with file management systems and servers
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, proactive, and self-motivated
- Ability to collaborate with a team as well as work independently managing several deadline driven projects simultaneously
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
Computer knowledge – proficient in current office applications, and digital technologies
License(s) /Certification(s) Required: None Required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Job Type: Full-time