WaterBit, Inc. is the innovation leader in Agricultural Technology and Autonomous Irrigation Systems. We are looking for a detail oriented, self-motivated, experienced accountant to work with our growing team in San Jose, CA.
- Establish and manage accounting policies - everything from revenue recognition, asset capitalization and depreciation, inventory value and COGS
- Establishing a rigorous monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Manage accounting activities including journal entries, reconciliation and financial reports
- Work closely with the Chief Operations Officer (COO) to ensure proper accounting of Revenue, COGS, Inventory and Expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance for senior level management.
- Ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e. GAAP, FASB), rules, regulations, and systems of internal control
- Aid in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines
- Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
- Identify opportunities for accounting business process improvements and systems implementations.
- Assist with and act as the primary point-of-contact for auditor requests
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing / technology is recommended
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented and self-motivated
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)