STATUS: Hiring one (1) person to be onsite daily and lead our brand new, state-of-the-art Lawnside, NJ manufacturing and distribution facility (not plant touching). This job is located in Lawnside, NJ.
Fernway: A Company That Puts The Team First
Fernway is an industry-leading cannabis brand that is actively expanding into innovative product categories and new state markets. Our unwavering commitment to premium quality cannabis products, exceptional customer service and strategic partnerships is what sets us apart. We pride ourselves on nurturing an employee-first culture that has helped catapult us to the top of the industry.
The Director of Operations will oversee operations for the production facility in Lawnside, NJ and secondary locations, setting budgets, enforcing policies/procedures, executing strategic initiatives to improve processes, and maintaining a safe and compliant workplace environment. This person is responsible for ensuring the facility meets brand, production, and budgetary standards, and will be a key stakeholder for cross-departmental work.
Experience the Fernway Advantage:
- Generous annual leave: 13 paid holidays and up to 3 weeks PTO (hourly and salaried staff alike)
- Comprehensive health coverage: company-sponsored health (60% for individuals and their families), dental, and vision insurance
- Extra benefits: PSL, FSA, life insurance, 401(k) with match, discounted pet insurance and gym membership
- Exclusive employee discounts on our premium cannabis products
- Paid Training
- Oversees Manufacturing, Fulfillment/Distribution, and Inventory Departments, ensuring each is reaching goals set by leadership
- Coordinates with supply chain, quality, and inventory departments to ensure proper on-time procurement of cannabis input materials needed for production
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company's efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement
- Develops, implements, enforces, and evaluates policies and procedures on a regular basis
- Plans, implements, and monitor budget forecasts and cost of sales to achieve financial objectives
- Analyzes process workflows, employee and space requirements, and equipment layout; implements changes as needed
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers and team members
- Enforces policies and procedures; setting and communicating operational standards, expectations, and goals; and holding staff accountable for meeting these goals
- Oversees recruitment, selection, and training of operations department management team in New Jersey
- Provides coaching and counseling opportunities to direct reports; gives feedback on performance, including providing annual performance reviews and applying corrective action as needed
- Coordinates with Human Resources to evaluate and improve employment policies and procedures and to ensure a positive company culture
- Maintains safe and compliant work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations; committed to running an injury-free workplace
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, technology, sales, marketing and customer service divisions to improve workflows and cost efficiency.
- Produces reports for senior leadership including inventory, production, payroll, and compliance-related auditing
- Coordinates with compliance team (COO) to maintain adherence to state regulations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of senior management-level cannabis operations experience
- 3+ years of working, administering and architecting new processes with ERPs
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial skills including a proven track record of effectively managing a successful cannabis operations team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, sales, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with G-Suite, MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Experience with METRC and/or other Seed-to-Sale Traceability System
- Experience with Acumatica a plus!
COVID-19 considerations: All employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fernway provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $135,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Describe your deep understanding of cannabis manufacturing and distribution, supply chain, people management, and reporting (required).
- Years of operational experience within Cannabis (2+ years required).
- Years working with working, administering and architecting new processes with ERPs (list the ERP systems you used)
Work Location: One location