The HEDIS Logistics Coordinator provides planning, scheduling and oversight for the HEDIS Medical Record Review team and provides operational assistance to HEDIS staff wherever needed. This position is responsible for all administrative tasks related to the ongoing scheduling of medical record review teams to clinics for the purposes of collecting HEDIS medical record data. As such, the Coordinator is in direct, regular contact with the offices of clinic staff and is responsible for maintaining positive relationships.
This position will coordinate the medical record retrieval/abstraction/review of the HEDIS project; troubleshoots providers’ office issues related to medical record reviews.
This position is a full-time hourly position.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develop the HEDIS medical record review schedule using system volume reports, previously established formulas and historical information
2. Update the Scheduling and system databases daily as needed to obtain updated information
3. Utilize electronic fax to submit and obtain chart orders
4. Schedule site visits with clinics and ensure charts are available and documentation is complete
5. Call clinics to confirm site visits and specify required logistics
6. Facilitate the checkout/check in process for medical record reviewers
7. Produce packets to direct reviewers work
8. Perform quality assurance activities throughout the process as needed
9. Send pre-onsite and post-onsite correspondence to onsite locations
10. Attend to reviewer needs as directed
11. Attend daily and weekly team meetings to provide status updates to the MRR team and to inform next steps
12. Organize paper documentation and assist in the appropriate maintenance of PHI
13. Assist the HEDIS Manager with the maintenance of transparency reports throughout the abstraction season
14. Communicate with the MRR Team regarding issues, questions, concerns and project status
15. Identify process barriers and contribute to improvements
16. Other special projects and administrative duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of 1 year of proven success with project management and coordination activities or a minimum of 2 years of post high school education with a minimum of 3 years of proven success with project management and coordination activities.
2. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel) including mail merge and electronic fax
3. Experience with data base use and entry
4. Ability to follow written Policies and Procedures
5. Strong organizational and time management skills
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills
7. The ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge efficiently
8. The ability to apply creative problem solving.
9. The ability to work independently.
10. The ability to execute multiple assignments with competing priorities.
11. Significant attention to detail
1. Experience in a health-related setting
2. Managed care experience
Essential Physical Functions:
1. Job tasks are primarily sedentary in nature.
2. Ability to perform fine motor skills while using the computer or writing. Computer use may occur for extended periods.
3. Ability to hear and converse clearly and effectively on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
Dean Health Plan, Inc.-
Established in 1983, Dean Health Plan is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean and SSM Health. It maintains a position of leadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. We're looking for talented individuals committed to improving the health of community through innovation, partnership and integrity.