First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities and locations directly at www.transdevNA.jobs.
Have you considered being a Professional Vehicle Operator in your community?
Now’s your chance to join our growing team!
$2000 Sign On Bonus!*
Join us for walk in interviews on Tuesday's and Thursday's from 8am - 12pm, at 8621 Central Avenue, Capitol Heights, MD 20743! Meet the team and learn more about your future career! Please complete an online application prior to walking in. There will be an opportunity for an on-the-spot interview!
First Transit Non-CDL Professional Vehicle Operators provide transportation via WMATA/MetroAccess within our local communities. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors’ appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! As a Vehicle Operator, you would provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving – come work for us!
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- NEWLY INCREASED WAGES - $18.54 PER HOUR STARTING WAGE
- $2000 SIGN ON BONUS!!*
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Paid PTO/Vacation
- Cutting Edge Paid Training
- Flexible and Consistent work schedule
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You’ll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years - This requirement is not to include the time you have held a learner's permit or provisional license.
- Must be in possession of a valid District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia driver's license at the time of application.
- No other out of state license can be accepted.
- Please note all applicants are subject to a physical and DOT drug testing. DOT regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of schedule 1 drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
- Terms & Conditions apply to sign on bonus. See location for full details. Sign On Bonus expires 3/31/2023
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.