Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Maintenance Technician II
The Engineering Maintenance Technician II will be responsible for maintaining all buildings and equipment throughout the property. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot equipment using proper tools in a skilled craftsman-like manner.
• Perform assignments as directed by the Director of Engineering.
• Assume the duties of other mechanics when required, including light carpentry, plumbing, grounds maintenance, electrical, painting, pool and spa maintenance, etc.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
• Repair all malfunctioning mechanic devices.
• Respond to room repairs regarding carpentry, electrical, plumbing, carpeting, painting, and furniture repair/refinishing.
• Maintain pools and spas.
• Participate in re-keying of facility as needed.
• Respond to guest calls.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two years’ job related maintenance experience or engineering
• Minimum of two years’ experience in customer service
• Ability to communicate clearly and speak, read, write and understand English
• Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred
• Certification from Technical Maintenance Trade School
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and various property specific software applications, HotSOS, and Energy Management Systems software
Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill tasks. Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment.
Montage Palmetto Bluff participates in Everify.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.