Controller - Hospitality Job Description
Our Client Company is a $20+ billion diversified leading global real estate and investment management firm with more than 500 employees in offices located across 10+ countries.
Controller - Hospitality Division
up to $160K + bonus (flex DOE)
A leading global investment management firm that manages capital on behalf of its stockholders as well as institutional and retail investors in private funds, non-traded and traded real estate investment trusts and registered investment companies.
The Controller will be located in DTLA and support ourhospitalityportfolio, which is comprised of ~$4B extended-stay hotels and premium select service hotels.
- Manage and review the month-end closing process including reviewing journal entries, lead schedules and consolidated financial reports in adherence with GAAP
- Develop and improve processes and timing of monthly close, perform analytical review of monthly operating results and accounting workbooks, and ensure compliance with SOX
- Review monthly accruals, monthly and quarterly reporting, and cash projections.
- Review and monitor consolidation/elimination entries to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Promote and ensure consistency in the treatment of accounting transactions
- Lead, mentor, and train accounting team of up to 5 (indirect and direct reports)
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors
- Review and sign off on payments to external vendors and internal cash transfers
- Develop process improvements with the goal of gaining efficiencies in day to day operations
- 7-15 years of progressive accounting experience including experience as a Controller or equivalent role
- BA Degree in Accounting or relevant disciplines
- High level of integrity
- Strong GAAP exposure / knowledge
- CPA license; inactive license is acceptable
- Experience managing accounting teams and employees
- Real estate or financial services industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience working within Hospitality Portfolios is preferred
- Yardi experience is preferred