Reporting directly to the Director of Financial Analysis, the Sr. Financial Operations analyst will provide analytical and decision support to senior financial and executive operational management by developing, interpreting, and implementing financial concepts for financial planning, analysis and control. This will be a highly visible role, and the successful candidate will provide analytical support for major business decisions. The perfect candidate will have a “bigger picture” view of the business as a whole, with a strong understanding of operations, and be able to communicate effectively between all levels of the company. An absolute requirement is a strong sense of urgency to accomplish tasks, and be able to successfully defend their ideas where challenged, and to push processes along to completion.
- Prepare monthly actual and forecast reporting for West Coast operations
- Build financial models to communicate and identify pricing opportunities to executive and upper management
- Review P&L statements and analyze customer and operator efficiencies and areas of improvement
- Communicate status of facility financial conditions by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data to all levels of management
- Provides insights into the organization’s financial performance, including expense run-rates, trends, variance analysis, and project costs
- Perform ad hoc analysis and build financial models to support management business decisions
- ROI , Go/No-Go analysis on Capex Expenditures
- Develop and oversee new processes to improve operational inefficiencies that financially impact company profitability
- Defines financial situation by completing quantitative analyses.
- Evaluates optional plans by identifying outcomes and potential returns.
- Recommends financial actions by assessing options in relation to organization goals.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and working extended hours when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Finance, Business Administration, or Logistics
- Ability to teach financial concepts in an easy to understand manner to non-finance personnel
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience working in finance capacity with increasing responsibilities ( supply chain experience a huge plus )
- Thorough understanding of Budgeting processes
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite (VBA knowledge a plus)
- An understanding of GAAP Principles
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and communication
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret data and provide strategic analysis to highest levels of management
- Willingness to travel to specified building locations located within the west coast when appropriate (10 - 15%)
- Local candidates only
This Company participates in the federal government’s Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program.
The following questionnaire is the key part of our participation. Clicking the link below and then clicking the “Continue” button is the final step of your application process.
The questions will normally take about 3 to 4 minutes to complete. You will know you have completed the questionnaire when you receive a confirmation number on the screen at the end.
Thank you for your participation! Please click on the link below.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off