The guest service representative position must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates. The position is responsible for assisting guests at all times, checking in and checking guests out in accordance with company guidelines and procedures. The position is also responsible for completing all necessary front office daily paperwork, ensuring that all safety and security procedures are in place in accordance with company guidelines and standards for all associates and guests.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- Job function to include assisting guests at all times, responding to all guest requests with diligent follow through, processing reservations, registration, payment, and departures in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Job functions to include selling the value of ESA to all inquiries (via telephone and in person) and strives to convert them into reservations and occupied rooms in compliance with company standards.
- Job functions to include collecting all relevant guest information, probing for potential sales leads and identifying opportunities.
- Job functions to include empowerment to resolve guest issues through the Make it Right process. GSR must embrace ESA's service culture and treat all guest and associates with the utmost of respect and kindness.
- Job functions to include handling collection efforts of all in-house balances. The GSR is responsible for accounting all cash, check, credit card and city ledger accounts through the property management system.
- Job function to include a thorough understanding of the property management system, working through all shift reports and performing the audit function when necessary and assigned.
- Job function to include setup, maintenance and take down of the breakfast when required by time of day.
- Job function to include maintaining an organized and clean work area behind the front desk, lobby and guest commons, in compliance with company standards.
- Job function to include periodic tours of the property to ensure safety and security of all associates and guests. Report all safety and security issues directly to the manager.
- Compliance with all safety and security policies and procedures
- Assisting to clean any areas of the hotel as assigned by the manager when needed to include but not limited to font desk, associate break room, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas, stairwells and common areas.
- Cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that assistance can be given as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness
- And any other duties as requested by the management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently and interact with guests, associates and law enforcement.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to understand and follow guidelines, procedures and company standards.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations within a reasonable geography.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree( GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled