One year fixed term from the date of hire
The Department of Psychology at Stanford University is looking for a full time Bilingual Program Assistant (PA). The PA will support our Spanish-language parent-education program at community organizations in Santa Clara County working collaboratively with the Habla Conmigo Academy team. The PA will be based at our Community Lab in San Jose, with several weekly trips to community partner organizations and periodic team meetings at Stanford University. This position offers the opportunity to develop valuable skills in an innovative early childhood program designed to support parents and children in vulnerable immigrant families.
The PA position works closely with Spanish-speaking families and communicating in their native language is essential to being able to share needed information and build relationships with both caregivers and their children. Therefore, native bilingual fluency in Spanish and English in speaking, reading, and writing, is required.
This is a one year fixed term position with possibility of renewal.
To be considered, please make sure to attach your most recent resume and cover letter.
** A strong internal candidate has been identified**
Other core duties:
- Greet visitors and route them to appropriate individuals, answer phones, and serve as a resource on unit procedures and general inquiries.
- Disseminate routine communications such as memos, notices, emails, and letters.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling of incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables, reports, or spreadsheets, making copies, and monitoring and ordering of office supplies.
- Arrange meetings and assist with routine conferences including scheduling rooms, managing equipment, ordering meals and assembling materials.
- Create and maintain files and filing systems.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Maintain and update social media platforms for the Habla Conmigo Program.
- - Other duties may also be assigned, not all unique aspects of this job are covered by this job posting. A full description will be shared during the interview process.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A four year degree is a plus
Certifications and Licenses:
- Basic computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.