1.Education-High School Diploma or equivalent, work experience in medical billing and/or collections.
2. Current knowledge of computers with experience in windows-based systems and Microsoft Office.
3. Experience with medical practice billing software required
4. Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and electronic billing required
5. Ability to communicate effectively with Center management, Center staff, patients, their families, The Clinic's staff, physicians and their staff.
6. Ability to handle frequent interruptions that result in having to re-evaluate priorities.
7. Proficient in medical terminology.
8. Detail oriented.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work claim denials and submit appeals for denied claims as applicable.
- Follow up on outstanding patient and insurance accounts receivable as assigned.
- Verify patient benefits and determine patient financial responsibility if applicable.
- Set up payment plans with patients according to practice guidelines.
- Place outbound telephone calls and accurately document all information pertaining to client’s account within practice management system.
- Demonstrate attention to detail; achieve the determined production and quality expectations and goals.
- Communicate timely and effectively with staff and management at all times.
Job Type: Full-time