Strong manager with good customer relations skills and presence to manage the daily support of the college's Ellucian Colleague ERP system and the ongoing evolution of its implementation. Provide management for the system administration of the ERP and integration with legacy systems. Strong project management skills and a familiarity with relational data base management systems are critical. Knowledge of Colleague and SQL Server solutions is a requirement.
The candidate should have a record of accomplishment, innovation and successful system implementation skills. The Director must be an effective project and resource manager and be able to articulate project demands, recommend priorities to support groups and committees. The Director must be able to manage staff and deal effectively with staff leadership and support, including meeting regularly to discuss progress of work, resolve problems, and ensure that standards for quality and quantity of work are met. The Director reports to the college CIO and assists the CIO in providing leadership and employee management on site.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices an open door policy. Requires solid working knowledge of:
- HP-UX, Unidata, Envision, Colleague Studio, MS-SQL, SAP
- Current software dev elopement/ programming tools and techniques
- Relational database management systems (including Unidata, SQL Server, etc.)
- Online and web-based delivery of applications and information systems.
- Data extract, translate and load (ETL) systems and procedures and data warehouse models.
- Data and query / reporting tools and systems (SAP, and similar tools that might include MS Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, or similar mainstream tools).
- Change control systems and best-practices in a production environment ensuring operational integrity
- Microsoft Office Suite
Colleague ERP Systems Admin, Colleague ERP User Liaison, Senior Programmer Analyst, Web Developer, and Business Objects Developer/Report Writer.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 5 - 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree is desirable.
Varied and strong technical background that would include implementation of higher education administrative systems or business management systems
Specific understanding of industry trends and standards required
Strong end user orientation
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Strong work ethic
Must be a team player
Organizational skills, ability to work with staff, faculty, and administration at all skill and management levels
Strong strategic thinking skills and ability to work with client senior management team in an effective manner
Higher education experience in an IT management role
Proven track record as a leader