Support, maintain, and deliver solutions on Apache Hadoop for a large federal law enforcement client. Provide architectural solution design input to support data and analytics initiatives, conduct tools evaluation and proof of concepts to support data and analytics programs, and provide detailed recommendations. Work collaboratively with vendors to discuss and assess detailed solutions and capabilities through the implementation phases of programs. Contribute to the development and maintenance of the IT architectural roadmap by coordinating security assessments and producing and evaluating solution designs for internal projects. Drive conceptual design strategies by reviewing architecture work products to ensure quality, traceability, effectiveness, and timeliness of the solution design process. Translate business and technical requirements into detailed solution designs that incorporate people, process, and technology aspects. Support information security principles by designing secure solutions and adhering to security standards and guidelines.
- 5+ years of experience with IT
- 3+ years of experience with Java
- 1+ years of experience with Apache Hadoop
- Knowledge of how to use analytics and data architecture to support analytics and solution design involving data and analytics tools
- Knowledge of technologies, including HDFS, Hive, Impala Oozie, YARN, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Flume, Spark, NiFi, Kafka, scripting languages, Python, ksh, and bash
- Knowledge of federal information system policies, including NIST 800.53, FISMA, the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), and configuration management
- Active Top Secret clearance required
- BA or BS degree
- 3+ years of experience with a technical area or product, including Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, or FileNet preferred
- IT Provisioning Technologies Certifications preferred, including Cloudera Certified Professional, HDP Certified Administrator, or HDP Certified Developer
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.