The Manager of Customer Renewals will have responsibility for one of the most profitable and important revenue lines in the company: Kronos’ recurring revenue. As a member of the Renewals department, the Manager of Customer Renewals is responsible for guiding a team of Renewal Representatives in proactively working with an assigned set of customers within a specific industry vertical to ensure the highest possible renewal rates for our recurring revenue stream (maintenance and subscription-based products). Your direct reports will be responsible for retaining an aggregate of $150M-$200M in recurring revenue at the highest rate possible while also uncovering opportunities to expand the products the customer owns.
- Manage a team of 8-10 Customer Renewal Specialists whose primary objective is to retain and negotiate our clients’ recurring maintenance and subscription contracts
- Hire, recruit, motivate and develop team members
- Produce monthly analyses on team performance; define opportunities for spiffs and other initiatives to drive retention results or customer revenue growth
- Drive your team towards achievement of established unit and dollar retention targets
- Coordinate effective vertical-specific product and skill training to keep your team up to speed on new products, new releases, and innovative ways to engage with customers
- Support the highest quality of customer engagement by call coaching, joining your team on customer site visits, providing escalation support, and by working 1 on 1 weekly with each of your direct reports
- Promote fun at work! Be willing to put yourself out there and help build a culture of inclusion, collaboration, motivation, and productivity
- Work with your Renewal Representatives to define the most effective pipeline management strategy, including the development of criteria and methods for identifying customers that are at risk of cancelling or reducing annual maintenance/subscription fees for each of their territories as well as ways to uncover organizations ready to expand their relationship with Kronos
- Conduct regular renewal pipeline reviews with your Renewals Representatives and share results with the Renewals leadership and Finance team
- In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, when appropriate, establish targeted campaigns and activities designed to maximize customer retention based on your assessment of each specific territory’s needs
- Proactively collaborate with Sales, Product Management, Support, and Services to ensure the highest quality of customer engagement and interaction; be laser-focused on areas where we do not help the customer be successful and partner with the right resources to address those gaps
- Support your team in sales leads and upsell efforts
- Achieve established unit retention and recurring revenue targets
- Achieve defined upsell targets
Reporting and Analysis
- Work with Finance and the Renewals management team to deliver regular (monthly, quarterly) recurring revenue forecasts and to identify specific patterns and/or areas of churn in your assigned territories
- Track and analyze customer churn in a meaningful way to inform business decisions and go-forward strategies; lead monthly business reviews with Corporate and Vertical Executive teams to summarize outcomes and make recommendations
- Continually look for process improvements including optimizing our organizational structure
- Strong leadership skills and management experience in the software industry
- Prior Sales management experience is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to coach others in this area
- Ability to lead meetings with 20+ people in a managerial capacity; ability to also deliver presentations to Executive Level audiences
- Strong organizational skills with an emphasis on detail especially when it comes to measuring rep productivity and pipeline/forecast organization
- Ability to work with a wide variety of co-workers across departments in order to achieve customer retention and customer satisfaction targets
- Ability to hire and train new renewal representatives
- Ability to negotiate price, other concessions, and terms & conditions
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com desired
- High level of competency with communication and analysis tools like Excel, PowerPoint and Word; must be proficient in Excel and familiar with Excel pivot tables
- Travel expectation is 20%-30%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance — to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! Whether you’re playing foosball in one of our game rooms, working up a healthy sweat in group fitness classes, or videoconferencing with Kronites thousands of miles away, you’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond.
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries – including more than half the Fortune 1000® - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 5,000 people worldwide.
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.