Full Job Description
Marketing Coordinator needed to support the planning and implementation of marketing and sales campaigns for the Institute of Reading Development, which is based in Novato, CA, about 25 miles north of San Francisco. This is a remote, full-time seasonal position with the possibility of turning into a permanent position with the company and a great opportunity for career growth. The Marketing Coordinator will have the opportunity to learn about and participate in all aspects of marketing in a growing company with diverse career opportunities.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for supporting a variety of email, web, and print marketing projects used to promote reading skills programs for children and adults.
- Coordinate with the Email Marketing Manager to compare eligible vs sent counts of emails to ensure email program accuracy
- Daily administrative tasks such as checking website and enrollment app functionality to ensure the success of the department’s marketing campaigns
- Ongoing monitoring of markets of email performance, including unsubscribes and open rates
- Support the Marketing team in organization of various projects, which may include some use of Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience managing detailed projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with an ability to take ownership of projects
- Experience managing email campaigns and familiarity with email service platforms preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords)
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, or career trajectory in Marketing is a strong advantage
About the Institute of Reading Development
The Institute's mission is to make reading good books a central part of the lives of children and adults. Working in partnership with local educational organizations in 50 states, we market and teach classroom and online programs that integrate skills instruction and meaningful experience with good books. Each year we teach more than 100,000 students; since 1970, we have taught more than 2 million students.
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.readingprograms.org.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Do you have experience using email platforms? Do you have experience using excel? If so, please describe the nature of your experience in both areas.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift