At its core, education has a fundamental data problem:
schools run on legacy infrastructure that's impossible for developers to build on top of. We're on a mission to replace the terrible things that engineers have to do to build classroom software (think nightly CSV FTP transfers) with an API that feels more like Facebook's or Stripe's.
We're looking to become a single place where schools can identify, integrate and evaluate the dozens of in-class applications they're using. When we started five years ago, four schools used Clever. Today, Clever is used by over 60,000 schools, making it the fastest-growing company in education. We're looking for talented engineers who want to help us build Clever into something every school, student, and teacher relies on.
A Day in the Life
We are building and scaling an education platform that supports over half of all the K-12 schools in the U.S. To get a sense of what we're working on, check out our engineering blog at engineering.clever.com. As an engineer you would work on a tight-knit, collaborative team to ship impactful products such as:
- Tools that empower teachers to make accessing apps through Clever's Single Sign-On portal dead simple for students
- Secure APIs that can scale and give finer grain control to districts on what student data apps can access.
- Goals, where we collect data back from our application partners and present it to students to celebrate when they meet their targets.
We work across the full-stack to create products that are robust and delightful for students, educators, and developers to use. Currently we write in Node.js (ES6) and React with Redux for frontend and Go for backend. We also use MongoDB, Postgres, Docker, and many AWS services (ECS, Step Functions, etc).
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- A desire to grow as an engineer through collaboration, code reviews, and learning new languages/technologies
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Experience with any of the tools we use is a plus
What Clever offers
- A chance to revolutionize the way schools use technology.
- Competitive salary and significant equity in well-funded, high-growth company.
- Catered lunch daily.
- Generous vacation and holidays.
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, & dental coverage.
- Unlimited Amazon.com credits for learning.
- An incredible team of fun, bright coworkers.