We have an exciting opportunity for a User Support Coordinator in the Chicago, IL and Houston, TX office at Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP. We are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and member of a talented and dynamic team of lawyers, paralegals and staff.
The User Support Coordinator will serve as a liaison between the user population and IT staff and ensure that user impact is considered in IT decisions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Resolves issues and handles requests escalated by the Help Desk and Help Desk supervisors.
- Troubleshoots IT issues, including software and network issues, software installations, applications, document imports, connectivity issues, etc. Proactively anticipates and resolves user issues through review of tickets and communications with users.
- Evaluates, tests and implements new technologies.
- Consults with IT staff or vendors in addressing IT issues.
- Updates Help Desk supervisors on IT issues for documentation.
- Supports users with IT issues, including electronic file transfers, mobile devices, etc.
- Follows-up with users and ensure successful resolutions to IT issues.
- Supports AV needs and hardware requirements for users.
- Participates in the on-call rotation to provide after-hours support.
- Maintains technical expertise on all standard Firm software.
- Provide backup assistance to other team members and managers in Technology, as needed.
- Performs other technology related duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred in a computer science or related information technology field from an accredited college or university. Equivalent combination of an Associate’s degree and five years related work experience will be accepted.
- Three years of experience working in a technology department with Windows software is required in a similarly sized, law firm. Must have thorough knowledge of Windows 2007 and MS Office 2010, as well as experience with DMS and Active Directory. Experience with iManage/Filesite and relational databases are preferred. Excellent interpersonal communications and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of personnel is needed. Strong experience in conferencing applications (Skype for Business, RingCentral, BlueJeans & Webex) and audio visual equipment and conference room setups.
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills are required. Strong understanding of Windows software. Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads. Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion within our Firm and in the larger legal profession. We believe that diverse skills, knowledge and viewpoints make us a stronger firm. Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP maintains a policy of affording all employees and applicants equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, ancestry, amnesty, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation will not be tolerated in any of the Firm’s offices or any other work-related setting. Qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a position or to enable them to perform the essential functions of a position for which they are otherwise qualified. EEO.